Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Baby sweater from vintage pattern.

I would like to share with you some photos that were sent to me by  Theresa (a clever knitter from Ireland)  of her knitting project taken from  a vintage pattern I had talked about in an older blog post.

I had volunteered to scan the pattern, but the booklet is in  such sad condition that I decided instead to take photos of it. Theresa quickly knitted up the little baby sweater and sent me some photos of the finished project. It is really cute, but judging from the the fact that it is placed on an A4 paper I presume it must be really tiny. 

Here is the description in her own words:

 '' Hi Virginie - so here it is!  I added a few extra rows to each side of the garment from 15 rows to 18 rows as I thought it originally looked very small.  In fact, I would say that the finished garment would realistically only fit a baby up to 2 months. I grafted together (using the 3 needle bind-off) the 2 front & back pieces so I only had to sew the sides & sleeves.''


Vintage 'Brassière pour bébé', knitted by Theresa




No comments:

Post a Comment